About Me

My photo
Bespectacled with a body so thin A face that hides a sardonic grin!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Edge...

The movie starring Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin is one that I can never stop watching. Whenever I am down, I just watch it and get rejuvenated.

Its is a story of two men struggling to survive in the wilderness after their plane crashes. Their only chance for survival is each other. This film has some of the best dialogue and the action scenes are beautifully paced.

Some thought provoking dialogues are

Why is the rabbit unafraid? 'Cause he's smarter than the panther.

For all my life, I've have wanted to do something that was, um, that was unequivocal.

You know, I once read an interesting book which said that, uh, most people lost in the wilds, they, they die of shame.
What?
Yeah, see, they die of shame.
What did I do wrong? How could I have gotten myself into this? And so they sit there and they... die. Because they didn't do the one thing that would save their lives.
And what is that, Charles?
Thinking.

I seem to be able to retain all these facts, but putting them to any useful purpose is a different matter.

What are we going to do Charles?
What are we going to do?
We're going to kill the bear.
What do we use for bait?
We lure him in. You know, Masai boys in Africa, eleven years old-- they kill lions with spears.
Uh huh... how do we lure him?And what one can do, another can do.You can't kill the bear, Charles! He's... he's... he's... been ahead of us the whole time! He's playing with us, he can read out minds.
He...What one can do, another can do! You coward! Do you want to die out here? Do you?! Do you hear me?! I'm going to kill the bear... say it!I...Say it! I'm going to kill the bear. Say it!I'm going to kill the bear.
I'm going to kill the bear!What one can do, another can do!What one can do, another can do!

...I never knew anyone who did actually change their life. I'll tell you what... I'm going to start my life over!

How did they die?
Those men died... saving my life.

No comments: