About Me

My photo
Bespectacled with a body so thin A face that hides a sardonic grin!!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Slumber

The stars have conquered the night
The moon shines with all its might
Crickets at its rattling best
Bats on its nocturnal zest

The bed says its time to repose
The pillow says its time to draw close
The clock says a new day is about to break
And still you are wide awake???

The system gives a droopy look
TV says take me off the hook
A friend wants to be in my dream
And still I continued with this theme

Soon, signaling with the battle of my eyes
The deep slumber beckoned me

2 comments:

Nanditha Prabhu said...

first time at your blog spot .
didn't know you write poems ...
loving regards to divya and family!

Ashutosh said...

Wow..Just loved the second para..But have you noticed something? Despite the fact that sleeping late at night isn't such a wise thing to do..those peaceful moments are the only ones when you are actually able to connect to yourself..For the rest of the day, the mind is simply too pre-occupied with worldly matters..