About Me

My photo
Bespectacled with a body so thin A face that hides a sardonic grin!!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Note

Same day, another year! This year I wasn’t beside her to wish her in person and time zones didn’t help either. Every year, I make it a point to wish her at sharp 12pm on her big day. I was thinking for a while what I need to gift her. She has it all, materialistic gifts doesn’t really matter to her. What matters to  her is giving her some attention, some care. I kept thinking, but nothing really crossed my mind.  This chapter is completely dedicated to her.  

She is my friend, philosopher and guide. I know I can call her anytime and talk my heart out. She wouldn’t judge me, she is always on my side, and she supports me unconditionally. She has been at the receiving end of my wraths and my mood swings, yet she never showed her despite or desperation. Sometimes, I wonder how she is able to play the role so beautifully. I have never seen her complain about anything. She is quite happy in whatever state she is in. I questioned her umpteen times whether her satisfaction is façade to her laziness, but each time her arguments left me stumped.

Our relationship wasn’t great in the beginning, we fought for silliest of reasons, but as they say, it’s the distance that makes the heart grow fonder.  I realized her worth when she left for another place to pursue her higher education. I missed her like hell, I cried my heart out.  We stayed together during the early phase of my career till she decided to take the next plunge in her life, the holy bliss of matrimony. I knew I will have another competition, vying for her attention. I outgrew that fear because she remained the same, her motherly instincts protecting me and guiding me in the right direction.

We don’t have anything is common, we share a different outlook towards life and we always wonder how we are still together. May be it’s the genes. As the saying goes “Blood is always thicker than water”.  No matter how many friends I had, have and will have, it’s always she, whom I will go back to when I  am troubled or need a shoulder to cry on. In fact, I am quite thankful to God for the very fact that I have two mothers in my life, one from the older generation, my real mother and the other from my generation, my sister.  

D, I always look up to you. You are my guiding force.  Now that an extra candle is on the cake, I wish you happiness and good health.                
 

No comments: