About Me

My photo
Bespectacled with a body so thin A face that hides a sardonic grin!!

Monday, February 4, 2008

The young maestro

Had an opportunity to spend the Sunday evening with my friend, nicknamed as the young maestro. He had been giving concerts since childhood days, and it’s nearing decade that I have cognized him, but still I never got to hear him play. Yesterday luck seemed to favor me. The young maestro played some awesome tracks – bhajans, carnatic & filmi. Each of the tracks outdid the other. In a gist I would describe the performances as

A voice so thrilling ne'er was heard
In spring-time from the Cuckoo-bird,
Breaking the silence of the seas
Among the farthest Hebrides

A small word about the maestro - He is an incredible, immensely talented person. The best lineament about him is being very earthy. He will surely go places!!!

No comments: