About Me

My photo
Bespectacled with a body so thin A face that hides a sardonic grin!!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

50, Not Out

It took nearly a year to get my half century(50th blog), I have a make of a good test player (Are the selectors listening???) Well, what should I put down on paper? May be about some random thoughts that have crossed my mind while I write these lines.

I was quite elated when India won the match yesterday. Somewhere, I had this sixth sense that India is going to win the first test match, and indeed we did. Kudos to Sehwag for he laid a solid foundation. “Well begun is indeed half done!!!” Little master gave a perfect finale, hence proving that “All’s well that ends well!!!”.

I have completed reading the following books - Almost Single by Advaita Kala, Manual Of The Warrior Of Light and Like A Flowing River by Paulo Coelho. I just got carried away by the synopsis of Almost Single. Its just another potboiler which can make a perfect Bollywood script for the multiplex audiences. Not because I am bigoted about Mr Coelho, the latter books were quite inspirational and can be termed as must read.

Most of my friends feel that I have only poignant tales to convey through my verses. I am a very optimistic person but my compositions prove me otherwise. It calls for some retrospection, introspection and correction and what a perfect way to start them as the New Year is round the corner.

It’s time to go back and figure out how the year 2008 has been. It’s been a kind of mixed bag, with moments of grief and glee going hand in hand. Recent untoward incidents at the security and economic levels reinstated the fact that “Nothing is permanent in this world apart from Death!!!”

I am looking forward for the Xmas holidays to spend some quality time with my kith and kin. There are some plans for a school reunion, but not sure whether it could ever work out. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.

2009 is just 1382400 seconds away. Before signing off, a few lines:-

The current year will be gone
As another year beckons
Its time to make amendments and corrections
To chalk out new plans and resolutions

A new year brings in new hopes
New hurdles to cross, new challenges to cope
Its time to curb all tensions and fear
To make 2009 a fruitful, peaceful and prosperous year

3 comments:

ceedy said...

Congrats and best of luck to first make all those introspections and more to stick by them....

Femin Susan said...

Wow, you have a great poetic heart! Your words still echo in my ears. Keep it coming! Good job dear!
Welcome to my blog…….
Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Anna Bond said...

good for you! lets target a century at Veeru's pace now :)