About Me

My photo
Bespectacled with a body so thin A face that hides a sardonic grin!!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

If

If I was a gardener,
I would have cleared the weeds of envy and egocentricity

If I was an artist,
I would have wiped out the colors of rues and miseries

If I was a firefighter,
I would have never extinguished a spark called hope

If I was a mason,
I would have laid the bricks of education, empowerment and enrichment

If I was a teacher,
I would have never taught the words synonymous to corruption

If I was a writer,
I would have effaced terrorism from my readers’ minds

If I was a politician,
I would have strived to build a Utopia in my country

Alas, I am just another programmer
Designing her software called Life to match the entire IF conditions

2 comments:

Divya Venugopal said...

You have put so much conditions to If..Now the question pops..

What If.....

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. It's sweet and simple, I really liked the way you ended it. Nice blog there. Keep Writing!